How do I file effective tickets to SingleStore Support?
For SingleStore support to help you in the fastest manner, please provide all of the following critical pieces of information when filing a SingleStore support ticket:
General Product Issues
- A detailed description of the problem and the impact on the business or application.
- What are the end-users experiencing?
- Is this causing an outage, or is a system severely impacted?
- Information about the problem, including the actual error messages, returned to the client or log files.
- A timeline of when the issue started and how you detected it.
- Configuration changes that have been made since the issue started occurring (e.g., database configuration changes, hardware changes).
- A list of all the troubleshooting steps you have already taken so far to resolve the problem and their respective outcomes.
- A cluster report from the cluster that is having the issues, documented here.
Query Processing Issues
- The schema for all tables, views, custom functions, or other objects used in the query.
- The SHOW PROFILE JSON of the query is saved to an outfile, documented here.
- What is the business objective for the query (e.g., run in less than 1 second, use less than 20 GB memory on any leaf, spend less time sending data across the network for distributed operations, run performantly at a higher concurrency)?
- How is the query currently not meeting that objective (e.g., runs in 5 minutes or killed for using too much memory)?